HR TAMPA MEMBER BENEFITS
HR TAMPA resources will enhance your career! Our organization is dedicated to providing the resources that are essential to staying in the forefront of the HR profession, as well as increasing the HR competencies of our members. What’s in it for you? HR resources at your fingertips, access to professional development opportunities, plus the opportunity to network with HR professionals.
HR TAMPA provides a social network built specifically for HR professionals to collaborate around communities of interest and network with other HR professionals. We meet monthly to share information, network with our fellow members, and hear professional and industry experts address relevant and timely topics. Our HRCI certified meetings will inform you about current trends in:
· Strategic management
· Compensation and benefits
· Training and development
· Employment law
· Recruitment and retention
· Policies and practices
HR Tampa is an award winning chapter providing many other services, including:
· Meetings – HR Tampa proudly provides monthly meetings that include HRCI certification and stimulating presentations.
· Networking - our chapter offer numerous opportunities to be involved in professional and community based activities and events.
· Volunteer Opportunities – HR Tampa believes in partnering with local organizations and disseminates information on volunteer opportunities on a regular basis.
· Expo – an all-day annual event that includes exceptional presenters and sponsors, that is typically held in the Fall.
· Professional certification – HR Tampa offers two certification study groups through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), the credentialing unit of SHRM. We proudly provide chapter sponsorship of the study groups each spring/fall for members sitting for either the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification examinations.
· Newsletter - The HR TAMPA online monthly newsletter is a forum for sharing information, best practices and highlighting the Human Resource profession.
· Workforce Program - implements a stellar School-to-Work program and collaborates with local community workforce programs.
· College Relations – We boast an award-winning Student chapter which partners with local colleges and universities to provide a structured, on-going training, mentoring and development program.
· Career Resources - HR Tampa has a dedicated HR Jobs site to search available positions and to list HR Job posting, members enjoy a reduced fee to post.
· Member Directory – HR Tampa members have access to an online database searchable by name, company or industry.
HR Tampa provides professional conferences for additional educational and networking opportunities that include:
· HR TAMPA annual Expo - This annual, one-day event brings HR professionals together to participate in a variety of HRCI certified professional development programs, as well as explore the diverse HR resources available in the area.
· HR Florida Council Conference - This is a two and one half day conference sponsored by the Florida State Council of all SHRM chapters.
· Diversity & Inclusion Joint Meeting – we partner with nearby SHRM chapters and HR organizations to highlight the importance and best practices in Diversity.
· SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition - This three-day conference and exposition, held in a different city each year, is normally attended by over 10,000 HR professionals. SHRM also holds annual conferences on Diversity, Legislative Affairs and a Global HR Forum.
· A Day in the Belt Way – A trip to Tallahassee to experience the Florida legislation with our HR Tampa Legislative Affair representative.
· Legislative Affairs – HR Tampa members have an opportunity to view how the legislative process in Washington is influenced by SHRM's Legislative Affairs Department and supported locally by our chapter's Legislative Affairs.
Join HR Tampa online or for more information about the value of joining HR Tampa, contact Ashlie Melillo-Banks, Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org