Ana Swiger, MBA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Welcome to 2017!
One of our most important strategic advantages of being a member of HR Tampa is the remarkably wide range of cultures, backgrounds and perspectives that come from over 600 members and the diverse organizations they represent. The chapters’ presence, perspective and diversity provide our members with a unique and powerful blend of insight, professionalism and local exposure.
In 2017, the HR Tampa Board of Directors embrace a clear measure of accountability. This starts with board members who have tirelessly worked and delivered results and this energy continues with new Board members who are eager to bring their creative ideas to fruition. I want to introduce you to the 2017 HR Tampa Board and invite you to connect with them both professionally and from a personal perspective:
- Melissa Robinson is our immediate Past-President. Under her presidency, HR Tampa accomplished great and might feats, including increasing our chapter roster to a new high and a wildly successful HR Tampa Conference.
- Celeste Adams will be the President-Elect. She previously served as our secretary and was on the HR Tampa Conference committee for several years including managing the Expo volunteers.
- Carol Brnich will continue in her role as chapter Treasurer, as well as being instrumental in the success of the HR Tampa Conference.
- Layla Bonis will serve as Secretary. Layla, who can be counted to consistently deliver, has served as membership director and technology director.
- Rebecca Sosa will be our new Technology Director and has actively participated in numerous HR Tampa committees.
- Amber Kukulya accepted the role of Diversity Director and has been a long time member of HR Tampa and proponent of the many aspects of diversity.
- Joe Heinzman will be the College Relations Director and already has creative ideas how to best establish and grow a student chapter!
- Bernie Currie will be the Workforce Readiness Director. He helped HR Tampa win an Chapter Excellence award focused on the veterans initiative.
- Bill Grob returning Legislative Director, likes to remind us that he "had a real job as a retail supervisor" before he became an attorney. Bill keeps members updated on the current legislative landscape and is accessible and a champion of HR Tampa members.
- Mary Cay Werner is well-suited as the Program Director and brings her Ohio SHRM chapter experience, perspective and contacts.
- Zoraida Perez is returning as the Certification Director and is excited to add the SHRM certification to the existing HRCI certification.
- Lori Golden contributed greatly in her prior Sponsor Director role and will now bring her enthusiasm to the Hospitality Director.
- Ashlie Banks has a passion for HR Tampa membership and the members. She continues to be a liaison for SHRM providing the required information and updates.
- Doug Walters will serve as the Sponsor Co-Director. Doug is enthusiastic about securing sponsors that are supportive of, and meaningful to, our members.
- Deb Erdahl will also be the Sponsor Co-Director and has previously led the award-winning Workforce Readiness Prodigy group.
Please reach out to the 2017 HR Tampa Board members to ask about volunteering on a committee, provide your feedback or simply say “Thanks!”. I am excited to be partnering with such an impressive board and am thrilled to see what the future will hold for HR Tampa’s membership. Stay tuned….more to come!
Ana Swiger, President